Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello Mojo!

Had the day off today and the house to myself from about 11:30. My mojo must have been happy about that because I finally created a card that I liked!

Brianna, one of the Customer Service Managers (CSM) at Walmart, is a wonderful, young girl. She is always upbeat, friendly and professional. I have worked with her for two years and I will be sorry to see her leave. However, she is off to start a new life in Calgary and I wish her the very best.

Brianna loves color so I knew that I wanted a good combination of fresh, bright colors. I finally decided on making a starburst card.

Starburst Card

I cut strips of Cardstock and Designer Series paper into 4 x 1 1/2" strips and then used my Stampin' Trimmer to cut them into triangles.

I cut a matte from Whisper White, 3 3/4 x 5". I punched a 1" circle from copy paper and adhered it to the upper right of the matte, following the Rule of Thirds, to maintain good design.

After deciding on the sequence of my triangle pieces, I used Snail Adhesive to quickly cover the matte. I then lined up my pieces one by one, with the points to the circle, till the matte was totally covered. I then flipped the matte over and used scissors to trim off the excess pieces. I used a sponge dauber with Rich Razzleberry to ink the edges of the completed matte.

I adhered the completed piece to a Whisper White matte, then onto a Rich Razzleberry matte, and finally onto a Whisper White card front, using Fast Fuse adhesive.

I used a stamp from the Really Good Greetings stamp set to stamp with Rich Razzleberry onto a scrap of Whisper White. I used one of the Starburst Framelits to cut out the sentiment and then used a Framelit from the Circles Collection Framelits to cut a matte for it from Rich Razzleberry. I used Dimensionals to pop up the greeting on the matte and to adhere it to the card. A bit of bling on the sentiment and the card was complete!

I'm pleased with how the card turned out. Starburst cards can be made several different ways and are perfect for using up scraps. You can use patterned paper interspersed with cardstock, if desired. You could even create a card completely with different colors of cardstock but emboss each piece using a different embossing folder. Here is an example of a Half Starburst card that we made last year in one of our card classes.

Half Starburst Card

Have you made a Starburst card before? Leave me a comment below to tell me about it!



0 comments: