Monday, September 29, 2014

Dream

I had plans to post this last night but apparently a tractor knocked over a hydro pole so we were without power from about 6:15 till 9:45! Needless to say, I didn't get to post before going to bed!

Inspiration for my card came from this card by Angie Leach:


I absolutely love the technique of using an embossing folder to stamp with—I have so many of them, it multiplies my stamping possibilities by quite a bit!

Basically, you use sponge daubers to apply ink to the top (raised portion) of the folder. Then, give it a few sprays of water with the mister and insert your paper (watercolor or Whisper White) into the folder and close it and smooth over the folder with your hand. I have seen a similar technique where you also run the folder through the BigShot to emboss as well as stamp!

This is the card I made:


I used the Tim Holtz Honeycomb embossing folder and Rose Red, Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist inks.

I stamped the sentiment on Rose Red card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black using a stamp from the now retired, Loving Thoughts stamp set. I cut a tag using one of the Chalk Talk Framelits and then fancied it up by also punching each end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. This produced a "ribbon slide." I also inked the tag with Rose Red ink.

After my inked paper was dry, the paper was cut to size. The tag was threaded onto a piece of Hello Honey ribbon, wrapped around the inked paper, and then the inked paper was adhered to a Hello Honey matte. This in turn was adhered to a Rose Red card base, using dimensionals.

The finishing touches were the rhinestones on the tag and a sprinkling of non Stampin' Up! silver sequins for added sparkle!

I hope you will try this technique for yourself!

0 comments: