Friday, October 24, 2014

Wreath Wrangling

I just can't stop making cards—the ideas just keep coming and I want to take advantage of this creative spurt! I was up till almost 2:00 a.m. making cards and didn't feel tired at all!

I have two cards for you today, and you should have figured out from the title of this post that the cards have wreaths!

From my last play with the Wondrous Wreath, I have been planning to pair it with the Daydream Medallions and matching Floral Framelits. Tonight that design came together very quickly.

I chose my favorite, Blackberry Bliss for the card base and berries on the wreath. The wreath was stamped with Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango. If you haven't already read, 5 Things I Learned While Working With The Wondrous Wreath Stamp Set And Framelits, be sure to check it for tips on working with the stamps and framelits.

To make the shaped card base, I first scored and folded my card stock and then, using the Magnetic Platform, I placed the largest Floral Framelit over the card with the top part above the fold about 1/8." This allowed the card to be cut as the flower shape but with the top still attached in two places.

I also cut a single floral shape using the same framelit. This was adhered to the card front so all the petals looked intact. I cut one smaller shape from Whisper White which was adhered to the inside of the card.

I stamped the Daydream Medallion with Versamark and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. The wreath was adhered with Dimensionals and a now retired Pumpkin Pie ribbon added.

Linda Vich Creates: Wreath Wrangling

Linda Vich Creates: Wreath Wrangling


The second card I created was kind of a whimsical treatment of the wreath. After stamping with Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and Blackberry Bliss, the wreath was cut out and then thrown over a star cut from Silver Glimmer Paper. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a coordinating bow!

The star was offset and cropped and it and the wreath were adhered with Dimensionals to the Blackberry Bliss matte. The sentiment comes from the Christmas Bliss stamp set and it was heat embossed in silver.

I felt that something was needed in the top right corner so I punched a star with a punch from the now retired Itty Bitty Shapes set of punches and then added two smaller ones punched with the Confetti Stars Punch.

All was adhered to a Coastal Cabana card base.

Linda Vich Creates: Wreath Wrangling

Linda Vich Creates: Wreath Wrangling


Drop me a comment below with a link to your own wreath creations—I'd love to see them!

Card #1

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Card #2

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



0 comments: