Thursday, November 6, 2014

Autumn Thank You

The past few days it seems that I've been alternating between a parka and a fall-weight coat. Accordingly, I have been creating both Christmas and fall cards!

Today I created a card which allows me to enter it into two different card challenges.

Over at the Paper Craft Crew blog, they posted a sketch challenge today; at Stampin Up Only Challenges, the #109 challenge was a theme: "Thanks" or "Thanksgiving."

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 117

Because I wanted to use a particular color scheme, I focused on finding that first. I had pinned this color combo about a week ago:

Color combo I love

I love the contrast between these colors!

Once I knew my colors, it was simply a matter of deciding which color would go where. In the end, I stayed pretty true to the sketch and color scheme I had selected, with the exception of some Mossy Meadow on the pumpkins and the addition of Whisper White and the neutral tone of the Burlap Ribbon.

I used Tangelo Twist for the card base with a matte of Blackberry Bliss which I embossed with the now retired Vine Street Embossing Folder.

I mounted a piece of Back To Black Designer Paper on Basic Black card stock and adhered it to the embossed matte. Over that I ran a piece of Burlap Ribbon topped by the skinny Basic Black ribbon, complete with a bow.

The pumpkins were stamped with Tangelo Twist and the stems colored in with a Mossy Meadow Stampin Write Marker. I used the framelits to cut out the pumpkins and then popped them up with Dimensionals.

I used two different banner framelits–one from the Banners Framelits themselves and one from the Snowflake Card Thinlits Dies–for the sentiment. The sentiment was from the Lots Of Thanks stamp set, stamped in Blackberry Bliss.

To complete the card, I added three Candy Dots. Though they were Pumpkin Pie in color, they blended nicely with the Tangelo Twist.





What blogs host your favorite card challenges? Let me know in the Comments below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

8 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Linda, I love your take on the sketch. Those colours really work well together, too.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks so much, Heidi! I love how rich these colors look when they are used together.

Jan said...

Beautiful card Linda! I love your colour choices and the Burlap ribbon adds another layer too.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm loving doing some challenges.

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job with the three challenges! The color combo looks great as well as the sketch interpretation :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Julie! I'm really enjoying doing challenges!

Karen Barber said...

I lOVE the unusual color combination and the great texture you have on your striking creation!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Karen!