Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Frivolous Frippery

Once I get rolling, it's hard to stop! I'm submitting a card to the Can You Case It card challenge #44–a color challenge. It was hard to resist since one of the colors was Blackberry Bliss!

CYCI #44


I was excited about the colors and it didn't take me long to decide what I wanted to create. I decided on a gate fold design.

I cut a standard card base from Mossy Meadow but scored instead at 2 1/8" from each side. I cut panels to fit on each gate from Blackberry Bliss. I embossed these using the now retired Ornate Swirls embossing folder and then dabbed them with the now retired Frost White Shimmer Paint, using a sponge dauber. When they were dry I adhered them to the gates of the card base.

I used the now retired Dress Up Framelits to cut a dress form from Gold Foil and a dress from Very Vanilla card stock. I also cut the top part of the dress from Mossy Meadow and embossed it using the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I then adhered the Mossy Meadow top to the dress and the dress to the dress form. I wrapped a Mossy Meadow ribbon around the waist of the dress.

I used the now retired Vanilla Flower Trim to create the skirt of the dress, adhering it with Crystal Effects.

I adhered a piece of Gold Satin Ribbon around the card and trimmed it where the gates met. I followed this by adhering Gold 1/8" Ribbon on top of the Gold Satin Ribbon.

I used Dimensionals to pop up the Dress Form but only removed adhesive from one side. It was centred over the card front and adhered to one gate. This was done to allow the gate to open and to keep the Dress Form popped up evenly on both sides.

I stamped the sentiment from the Good Greetings Hostess set with Versamark and heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder. I used the Modern Label punch to cut it from Very Vanilla card stock. I inked the edges with Mossy Meadow.

The label was popped up with Dimensionals over the centre of the card base, using adhesive only on the side opposite to that of the Dress Form.

To complete the card, I adhered pearls to create a necklace on the Dress Form.

My card is a fait accompli!

Linda Vich Creates: Frivolous Frippery

Linda Vich Creates: Frivolous Frippery

Linda Vich Creates: Frivolous Frippery

Close up details.

Linda Vich Creates: Frivolous Frippery


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

Eva Bussom said...

Linda, thanks for joining us this week at www.canyoucaseit.com. Your card is fabulous! Love the gate fold, and the dress! Eva : )

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Eva! The card was a lot of fun to make.

Kim Ryden said...

So cute! I love the dresses made with that flower trim! Your card is so cute! Thanks for playing with us this week at Can You Case It?!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Kim! First time I got to use the trim but thought it was perfect for this project!

Terri said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Terri!