Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Trimming The Trees

We are having unseasonably warm weather, considering that it is now November. Let's hope it lasts for awhile!

Though the temperature has not dipped into the frosty temperatures, it is time to start thinking more and more toward Christmas. And that means Christmas cards will be spreading across the internet!

The card I have for you today is made using the Tree Punch and traditional Christmas colors.

I punched three trees from the Trim The Tree Designer Paper Stack and also punched three trees from Kraft card stock. I glued the patterned paper to the Kraft so they weren't quite so flimsy. I used a sponge dauber to edge each tree with Garden Green ink.

I then used the Little Letters Thinlits and the smallest of the Stars Framelits to cut the word Noel from a strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. Behind it I adhered a striped paper.

The card base was cut from Garden Green card stock and a matte from Cherry Cobbler. The matte was embossed using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

The Noel strip was adhered at an angle across the card front. I used a Cherry Cobbler Stampin Marker to trace each letter and the star to make them stand out more from the Glimmer paper.

The three trees were popped up on Dimensionals and tied together with twine (I used a Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities marker to color Whisper White twine). The trees were each topped with a star punched with the star punch from the now retired Merry Minis Punch Pack.

To finish off the card, I cut a strip of Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon and then cut it down the centre of the ribbon. I adhered each piece on either side of the Dazzling Diamonds strip.

A simple but effective card I think!

Linda Vich Creates: Trimming The Trees


 Have you started making Christmas cards yet? Let me know in the Comments below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the Chevron ribbon and the Little Letters. The cluster of trees create a great impact. Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Vich said...

thanks for your lovely comment, Pam!