Monday, March 23, 2015

Delightful Dahlias


Linda Vich Creates: Delightful Dahlias. Coastal Cabana ink brings these beautiful Dahlias to life on Stampin' Up! note cards, using an easy emboss resist inking technique. The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die create a lovely envelope.Where does the time go?? I see that the last time I posted was March 6 :(

I had been working on projects for my stamp group that I could not show you at that time and then I got sick with a cold that kept me down for over a week. Finally, I am feeling like myself again and can get back to working in my craft room!

One of the projects that I couldn't show you before were some thank you cards for my stamping group. I gave my MISTI quite the workout in creating them!

The card design is cased from demo Elizabeth Holloway. She has a video on her blog to show how she creates the card. I did mine slightly differently.

I decided to use the Note Cards that Stampin' Up! sells because I wanted a smaller size so that I could use the Mini Treat Bag as an envelope for the cards.

Secondly, I opted for Watercolor Paper instead of Whisper White because it showcased the technique better. I also opted to fill my Stampin' Spritzer with rubbing alcohol instead of water so that the cards dried quicker.

To begin with, I used my MISTI tool to stamp a dahlia (from the gorgeous Regarding Dahlias stamp set) on each watercolor matte using Versamark. I made sure to stamp on the smooth side of the paper so that my stamps would look and stamp better. I then heat embossed each matte using White Embossing Powder.

Back to the MISTI to stamp a second dahlia on each matte; I heat embossed each matte as before.

Next, I filled my Stampin' Spritzer 3/4 full with rubbing alcohol and added about 14 drops of Coastal Cabana Ink Refill. I shook the spritzer to mix the color evenly.

I placed one of the watercolor mattes in my spray booth (a large box from a pair of boots) that helps to keep the spray from going everywhere in my craft room!

I held my spray about 5 inches from the card and spritzed a few times to get some light coverage on the card. As I sprayed, the flowers were revealed. I repeated the process with each watercolor matte.

Because I was using rubbing alcohol, the cards dried fairly quickly but I sped up the process a bit by using my Heat Tool.

I then used a Sponge Dauber with Coastal Cabana and rubbed in a circular motion out from each flower's centre to add a bit more color to the flowers. They contrasted nicely with the spritzed background.

I replaced the watercolor matte in my MISTI and arranged the Thank You sentiment on the lid. I stamped it with Smoky Slate, two times, re-inking the stamp each time. Only using the MISTI could I stamp the sentiment twice in exactly the same spot! I stamped twice because the watercolor paper tends to absorb the ink and I wanted the sentiment to be a bit darker without resorting to a darker ink. The Smoky Slate looks lovely with the Coastal Cabana.

After stamping each matte, I then adhered each to a Coastal Cabana matte using Fuse Fast. I wrapped each matte with Basic Gray Baker's Twine.

Finally, I adhered each matte to the note card.

Linda Vich Creates: Delightful Dahlias. Coastal Cabana ink brings these beautiful Dahlias to life on Stampin' Up! note cards, using an easy emboss resist inking technique. The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die create a lovely envelope.

Linda Vich Creates: Delightful Dahlias. Coastal Cabana ink brings these beautiful Dahlias to life on Stampin' Up! note cards, using an easy emboss resist inking technique. The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die create a lovely envelope.

Linda Vich Creates: Delightful Dahlias. Coastal Cabana ink brings these beautiful Dahlias to life on Stampin' Up! note cards, using an easy emboss resist inking technique. The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits die create a lovely envelope.

What do you think? I love how they turned out!

I hope you'll try this technique and then drop me a link to show me YOUR creations!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the rich color that you achieved with that technique.

Linda Vich said...

Thank you!

Daria said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing the details.