Thursday, March 26, 2015

Love For The Lotus


Linda Vich Creates: Love For The Lotus. Non-typical color combo creates a dramatic array of lotus flowers mounted on spritzed jute ribbon and all perched upon a richly textured matte.With Sale-a-Bration quickly coming to an end, I feel myself drawn to play with the items that will no longer be available. Of course, my favorite product has to be the Lotus Blossom stamp set!

Being able to experiment with the myriad of possible color combinations for the flower is like giving a child a 48 pack of crayons! So much fun!

This time I created a card that uses a non-typical color scheme for a flower yet I love the look and the drama it lends to the card. As well as choosing a non-typical color scheme, I chose an unusual card size for this project, using a card base of 8.5 x 4.5.``

Of course, I utilized my MISTI for this card as it is perfect for multi-step stamping!

The colors I used for the flower are Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Island Indigo. Because of the way the inks combined, the Bermuda Bay areas came out looking more like Garden Green so that guided my paper choice for the card.

In stamping the lotus on the 2 x 2`` square of Whisper White, I stamped in reverse order. I used stamp #3 with Crushed Curry, then stamp #2 with Bermuda Bay, and finally stamp #1 was used with Island Indigo and stamped three times.

The squares were edged with Island Indigo ink, using a sponge dauber and then mounted on squares of Garden Green, using Dimensionals.

The sentiment from the Blooming With Kindness stamp set was stamped with Versamark and then Crushed Curry and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. The Whisper White paper was also inked with Island Indigo and the sentiment mounted on a Garden Green strip of card stock.

A matte of Island Indigo was run through a crimper and then I applied a Garden Green stamp pad to it directly to highlight the texture. I think it makes it look sort of like corduroy.

I used a mixture of Rubbing Alcohol and Crushed Curry reinker in a Stampin` Spritzer to color a strip of Jute ribbon. Once dry it was adhered to the crimped matte using Sticky Strip and then the matte was adhered to the card base using Fuse Fast adhesive.

The three lotus flowers were adhered on top of the ribbon using Dimensionals.

Because the card base was dark in color, I adhered a panel of Naturals White card stock inside the card. It was also stamped with a Lotus Blossom and its edges were inked with Garden Green ink.

Linda Vich Creates: Love For The Lotus. Non-typical color combo creates a dramatic array of lotus flowers mounted on spritzed jute ribbon and all perched upon a richly textured matte.

Linda Vich Creates: Love For The Lotus. Non-typical color combo creates a dramatic array of lotus flowers mounted on spritzed jute ribbon and all perched upon a richly textured matte.

Linda Vich Creates: Love For The Lotus. Non-typical color combo creates a dramatic array of lotus flowers mounted on spritzed jute ribbon and all perched upon a richly textured matte.

Linda Vich Creates: Love For The Lotus. Non-typical color combo creates a dramatic array of lotus flowers mounted on spritzed jute ribbon and all perched upon a richly textured matte.


What are your favorite color combos for the Lotus Blossom stamp set? Drop me a comment below to let me know!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: