Monday, June 22, 2015

Brushstrokes For A Friend

Linda Vich Creates: Brushstrokes For A Friend. A pleasing striped background of pink and mint is embellished with colored, Bordering Blooms, roses and pearls.Today I drew inspiration from one of the wonderful Mood Boards from Catherine Pooler's online class, In The Mood. I can't show you the board here but you can sign up for the class and get some wonderful inspiration for yourself!

I can tell you that the board contains wonderful hues of pink and mint and that's what I decided to use in my card design.

Though I had hoped to use a Blender Pen to color some flowers for my project, I was having a problem with my watercolor paper "pilling" so I changed strategies.

Using my MISTI and the Brushstrokes background stamp, I colored the stripes using Mint Macaron and Pink Pirouette Stampin' Write Markers and then stamped on a Whisper White matte. I trimmed the matte a bit and then adhered it to a Pink Pirouette card base using Fuse Fast.

A 1" strip of vellum was stamped with Versamark using one of the borders from the Bordering Blooms stamp set. I heat embossed it using White Stampin' Emboss Powder and then flagged one end using the Triple Banner Punch.

On the embossed side, I used Mint Macaron, Strawberry Slush, and Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Write Markers to color in the border.

On a 1 1/2" strip of Mint Macaron card stock I stamped the sentiment from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set using Rose Red. I flagged one end using the Triple Banner Punch.

I then adhered the vellum to the Mint Macaron strip using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, being careful to hide the adhesive by applying it behind the colored embossing.

Using a sponge, a brushed a thin strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper with Strawberry Slush and then used Crystal Effects to adhere it to the bottom of the Mint Macaron banner.

Part of a Tea Doily was adhered to the card front and then the banner was adhered on top of it using Fuse Fast.

I used Blackberry Bliss with a sponge to color the three flowers from the now retired Vanilla Flower Trim. Crystal Effects adhered it to the banner.

Five pearls were the final embellishment to complete the card.

Have you played with the Brushstrokes stamp yet? Let me know what you have created in the comments below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


4 comments:

Kylie Bertucci said...

I haven't tried the brushstrokes stamp yet Linda! You have done an awesome job. I will be trying it now though.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks so much, Kylie!

1phatchic said...

Linda where did you get the stand your card is in. ;)

Love the card

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Tricia! I got the "floral frog" at Michaels in the flower section—you may have to ask someone for it!