Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Spy A Dragonfly

Linda Vich Creates: I Spy A Dragonfly. A watercolored matte, edged with ferns makes a perfect landing spot for a sparkly pink dragonfly from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set! Twinkling sequins and a sheer bow complete this lovely card.I'm back today with another card inspired by the mood board in Catherine Pooler's online class, In The Mood. Monday's post, Brushstrokes For A Friend was also inspired by the same mood board.

Once again, I was captivated by the color combo of pinks and greens.

To begin my creative process, I taped down a piece of watercolor paper on my craft mat. With a broad watercolor brush, I wet the entire paper.I then stamped a bit of Pumice Stone distress ink on my craft mat, added a bit of water and then proceeded to give my paper a wash of color. I dried it with my heat tool and repeated the process a couple of times until I was satisfied with the depth of the color.

I then used a bit of Spun Sugar distress ink to provide a few streaks of pink. I did the same using Peeled Paint distress ink.


I dried the paper and then added a few flecks of water–ordinarily I love this effect but in retrospect I wish I hadn't done it this time because I was left with strangely colored areas where the water hit the paper. I dried the paper again and then trimmed it down to 3.75 x 5".

Using Pear Pizzazz ink and fern stamps from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set, I stamped around the outside of the card, being sure to stamp off sometimes to build depth. I then added a few spots of grunge with Sahara Sand ink.

I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake and used a sponge dauber to ink the edges of the matte with Mossy Meadow ink.

I adhered the stamped layer to a Pear Pizzazz matte and then tied a sheer pink ribbon around it. This matte was then adhered to a Melon Mambo card base using Dimensionals.

I stamped the dragonfly from the stamp set with Versamark on vellum. I heat embossed it using Zing Pink Embossing Powder and then fussy cut it. Because the legs looked weird, I cut them off.
The dragonfly and some sequins were adhered to the card front using Crystal Effects.

I stamped the leafy stamp from the stamp set on a matte of Naturals Ivory card stock. I also inked the edges with Mossy Meadow. I adhered the matte inside the card using Fuse Fast.

Linda Vich Creates: I Spy A Dragonfly. A watercolored matte, edged with ferns makes a perfect landing spot for a sparkly pink dragonfly from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set! Twinkling sequins and a sheer bow complete this lovely card.

Linda Vich Creates: I Spy A Dragonfly. A watercolored matte, edged with ferns makes a perfect landing spot for a sparkly pink dragonfly from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set! Twinkling sequins and a sheer bow complete this lovely card.



 What has inspired you to create a particular card? Share your story below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Kylie Bertucci said...

What a lovely card Linda! So elegant. Live what you have done with this stamp set. I think mine needs to see some ink. TFS

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Kylie!