Sunday, July 5, 2015

Gardening With Market Fresh: Part One

Linda Vich Creates: Gardening With Market Fresh: Part One. A bold combination of orange and purple shows the grapes from Market Fresh to their best advantage!Anyone that knows me well knows that I am not interested in gardening; I hate to get my hands dirty unless it's with craft supplies! However, as soon as I saw the Farmer's Market Designer Series Paper and the Market Fresh stamp set, I knew I wanted to create with them.

Using my MISTI and Jet Black Stazon Ink, I stamped the image of the grapes on Watercolor paper. I used my Blender pen and reinkers to color the image.

For the grapes I used Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant, leaves were Old Olive and Mossy Meadow, stem was Crumb Cake and the banner was Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango. The darker inks were used in the shadow areas of the stamped image to provide depth.

I used the Window Frames Collection Framelits to cut out both the stamped image and a matte from Pumpkin Pie card stock. The matte was embossed using the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I inked the edges of the matte with Blackberry Bliss and adhered the stamped image to it using Fuse Fast adhesive.

I cut a matte from a Blackberry Bliss gingham paper in the Farmer's Market DSP pack and adhered it to a Blackberry Bliss matte of the same size to give it stability. I wrapped Mossy Meadow Thick Baker's Twine around the matte and then adhered the matte to a Pumpkin Pie card base using Dimensionals. Lastly, the image on its matte was mounted to the card front using Dimensionals.

The finishing touch for this card was to use my Wink of Stella pen to make the grapes look like they were fresh with dew. I wish you could see them in real life because they really look impressive with the glimmer on them but a photo does not capture the true look of the glimmer.

Linda Vich Creates: Gardening With Market Fresh: Part One. A bold combination of orange and purple shows the grapes from Market Fresh to their best advantage!

I think they look good enough to eat! What do you think? Leave me a comment below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: