Monday, July 20, 2015

Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique

I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful summer! My husband and I have been enjoying spending time with our granddaughter, Raine. She's growing up so fast but she is such a total delight!

I've snuck in a few photos of her to show you below!

Linda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media TechniqueLinda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique

Linda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media TechniqueLinda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique

Though I thought that when she was napping (and she is a GREAT napper) I would have time to make some cards, it appeared that Grandma sometimes needed a nap then, too!

Regardless, I was able to put together a card today and dabble with a mixed media technique.
I started by creating a watercolor background using four reinkers–Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. I simply wet my paper well with a spray bottle and then dabbed on color. I dried with my heat tool and added a bit more where I thought it was needed and then dried it completely.

Next, I chose to use the stripes mask from the Dots and Stripes Masks set. I adhered my watercolored matte to my craft matte and then adhered the mask over it.

I added a few drops of Bermuda Bay reinker to some Golden Gel Medium Light Molding Paste and mixed it well using an old gift card. I then proceeded to wipe the molding paste from bottom to top of the mask over the watercolored matte, being sure to swipe the excess paste from the matte. I then lifted the mask straight up and off of the watercolor and set it aside to dry.

Meanwhile, I used my MISTI to stamp the flower from the Remarkable You stamp set with Versamark onto both a piece of Blackberry Bliss and a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock. I heat embossed both with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and then fussy cut them. They were adhered to the watercolor matte with Dimensionals.

The sentiment was also stamped with Versamark and heat embossed. It was die cut using the Lots of Labels Framelits and then trimmed down slightly.

Once it was completely dry, I trimmed up the watercolor matte and wrapped a length of Gold Sequin Trim around it and then adhered the sentiment on top, using Dimensionals.

A piece of paper from the Bohemian Designer Series papers was adhered to a Bermuda Bay card base using Snail Adhesive and then the watercolor matte was adhered on top using Dimensionals.

I love how the use of the Molding Paste turned out! Because it was only thinly applied, some of the watercolored background showed through, making it look kind of like a two-toned ombré stripe! It gives a nice dimensionality to the matte as well.

Linda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique. Molding Paste mixed with Bermuda Bay reinker creates lovely, dimensional stripes over a watercolored background provides a stunning backdrop for embossed flowers from Remarkable You.

Linda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique. Molding Paste mixed with Bermuda Bay reinker creates lovely, dimensional stripes over a watercolored background provides a stunning backdrop for embossed flowers from Remarkable You.

Linda Vich Creates: Remarkable You and a Mixed Media Technique. Molding Paste mixed with Bermuda Bay reinker creates lovely, dimensional stripes over a watercolored background provides a stunning backdrop for embossed flowers from Remarkable You.

I'm looking forward to more experiments with Molding Paste on future cards so stay tuned! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried Molding Paste in your card making.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: