Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hearth and Home: Fused

Linda Vich Creates: Hearth and Home: Fused. A sparkly sequin-filled winter scene is framed by a cheery red window and hung on a wall papered with Home For Christmas DSP. This delightful shaker card was created with the WRMK Fuse.I had just the best day today on my day off!

For the last three days, I've been sick with a bad cold and had to take two days off work but finally started feeling better today. Usually if I get a cold, it always seems to strike on my day off–but not this time!

Today I was able to play with a lot of Stampin' Up! goodies from the new Holiday Catalog and I paired them with my new We Are Memory Keepers Fuse Tool.

After reading a lot of posts about this tool and seeing the creations that people were making with it, I decided to take the plunge! Am I ever happy I did!

I decided to use the window from the Hearth and Home Framelits to create a winter scene, suitable for a Christmas card. What could be cheerier for Christmas than a Real Red window frame?

I used the Fuse with a page protector to create the little pocket which I filled (too full, but it's hard to stop!) with a mix of both Stampin' Up! and Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

On a piece of Watercolor paper I sponged in a sky using Marina Mist and then stamped the conifers using Mossy Meadow ink. I adhered this scene to the window using Sticky Strip.

To create the wall for my window, on a Whisper White matte I adhered a Mistletoe-filled paper from the gorgeous new Home For Christmas DSP. On top of that I adhered a piece of Whisper White which I had embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder to resemble beadboard. A tiny strip of white laid across the top gave the illusion of a chair rail. The completed matte was then adhered to a Real Red card base using Dimensionals.

The window was adhered on the card front using Dimensionals. I added a small wreath to the top of the window.

The wreath was created by first punching a hole in Mossy Meadow card stock with a 1/2" Circle Punch and then putting the 7/8" Scalloped Circle Punch over the punched hole to punch the wreath.

I added flowers to the wreath by using a Memory Box die called Flower Mound to punch tiny white flowers which I adhered using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I added some red Stickles to the centres and completed the wreath by adding a bow made with 1/8" Real Red ribbon.

The Sparkly Seasons stamp set provided the perfect sentiment for my card! It was stamped with Versamark on Mossy Meadow and then heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I used the Washi Label Punch to punch the sentiment and it was adhered to the card bottom using Dimensionals. A couple of rhinestones completed my cheery winter scene!

Linda Vich Creates: Hearth and Home: Fused. A sparkly sequin-filled winter scene is framed by a cheery red window and hung on a wall papered with Home For Christmas DSP. This delightful shaker card was created with the WRMK Fuse.


Have you made shaker cards? Have you tried the Fuse tool? Drop me a comment below–I'd love to hear from you!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


0 comments: