Monday, November 23, 2015

Acorn Thank You

I absolutely love reading posts and watching Periscope broadcasts by Sandy Allnock! That girl has some serious art talent! Not only can she put a card together but her skill at coloring, drawing, and painting is second to none!

Sandy recently posted a couple of cards that she had CASEd and now I am posting a couple of cards that I CASEd from hers!

I am casing two of her four images:

Cards by Sandy Allnock.

Card by Sandy Allnock.

I started by punching my two different acorns from Dazzling Diamonds, Real Red, and Black Glimmer papers. Before gluing the tops on using the Fine Tip Glue Pen, I used a Real Red and a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to edge around each acorn to hide the white core of the Glimmer paper.

I then cut square mattes of 2.5" from Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock. I formed a stack with black and white and one with red and black. These were adhered together using Dimensionals.

Two card bases were cut, one from Basic Black and one from Real Red. Both cards used Real Red mattes which were adhered to the card bases using Dimensionals.

After adhering the mattes I realized that I hadn't yet created the paint fleck effect on the mattes so I went ahead and did it anyway, though I managed to get some paint on the card bases!

To create the fleck effect, I used Brusho powdered watercolor paint. I tapped out a little black paint and mixed it with water. After loading a brush with the paint, I tapped another brush against it to create the spatter.

Using MISTI, I stamped the sentiment from the Endless Thanks stamp set using Versamark and then heat embossed it using white embossing powder.

I adhered the square mattes to each card front and then the acorn on top of the mattes; both were adhered using Dimensionals.





I did not add mattes to the inside of these cards. Instead, I wrote in them using a white gel pen.

I really like both cards but I think the card with the Basic Black card base stands out more due to the high contrast between the two colors. However, I do love the red on red and the black and white acorn looks stunning on top! It uses the soon to be retiring Black Glimmer Paper.

Which card do you like best? Drop me a comment below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh how FUN!!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sandy!

Donna Ellis said...

Aren't you clever! Linda, your acorn cards are SO CUTE! And perfect for Fall or Winter holidays, and so versatile, as far as being Thinking of you, Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving, Get Well, etc. I LOVE the splatters on the red cardstock! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Donna!