Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween Round Up

Halloween was a real whirlwind this year! It seemed that no sooner were the candy, costumes, and decorations on the shelves at Walmart when Halloween night had come and gone!

I had been looking forward to creating the Halloween Decor Project from Stampin Up and I was able to incorporate it into a spooky little scene in our hallway entrance that totally captivated my granddaughter, Raine!

For the first couple of times she was over, she would not walk past it at all, even if I held her! Gradually, she was able to go by if I was holding her and by Halloween night, she walked past it herself a couple of times!

Here's the hat by itself after I completed it:


And here it is in the Halloween display I created:





Luckily, I had a day off prior to Halloween in order to create some cards and gift bags.

For Steffan, I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color in a stamp from the Happy Witches stamp set by Hampton Art. I die cut the stamp as well as a Black Glimmer paper using the Lots Of Labels Framelits.

The sentiment from Halloween Expressions Mini from Inkadinkado was stamped with Archival ink on Cucumber Crush card stock. The edges were inked with the archival ink and then the matte was mounted on a Rich Razzleberry card base.

The die cuts were adhered to each other and then popped up on the matte using Dimensionals.



For Courtney, I cased this card. I used the wonderfully spooky stamp set, Witches' Night, to stamp the main image on Whisper White card stock using Basic Black Archival ink. I used Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry inks to sponge the image and then die cut it using the Lots of Labels Framelits, cutting a larger one from Black Glimmer paper. The colored image was also stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder to make it shiny. The die cuts were adhered to each other.

On a strip of Rich Razzleberry I stamped the zig zag pattern stamp from the same stamp set and then adhered a strip of Black Glimmer paper over top. On a Pumpkin Pie matte, I stamped bats in each corner and then it was adhered to a Rich Razzleberry card base using Dimensionals.

The strips of Rich Razzleberry and Black Glimmer were adhered in the centre of the matte and then a black Spiderweb Doily was cut in half and adhered to the back of the die cut. The die cut was then adhered to the card front using Dimensionals.


 For Raine's gift bag, I used a piece of paper from the Happy Haunting DSP pack and the Gift Bag Punch Board to create her treat bag. To decorate it, I used a stamp from the Witches' Night stamp set to stamp on Pumpkin Pie card stock and then die cut it using the Lots of Labels Framelits. It was attached to the bag with a black spiderweb doily cut in half behind it.

I used both the Boo To You and the Seasonal Frame Thinlits Dies to die cut Boo! and Spooky from Pumpkin Pie card stock, three copies of each. The words were glued together using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I used Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder to heat emboss the words to make them shiny.


Steffan's bag was made the same way but I used a different stamp on Real Red card stock and it was heat embossed to make it shiny. The stamp was die cut and adhered to Black Glimmer paper die cut and then adhered over a spiderweb showing the white side.

I used the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set with StazOn ink to stamp the skull and bone on Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. They were die cut using the Boo To You Framelits.


Finally, for Courtney's gift bag, I stamped the image from the Happy Witches stamp set on Rich Razzleberry card stock and die cut it. It was edged with Basic Black Archival ink. A larger die cut label in Pumpkin Pie was used behind it, with a black Spiderweb Doily sandwiched between.


Here's a picture of Raine in her costume taken by her daycare provider. They had a party that day and took their costumes to put on there. Prior to this, Raine had not been persuaded to try on her costume but when she saw all the other kids getting into their costumes, she figured it was ok to do the same!


Here's Raine after returning from walking door-to-door for over 1 1/2 hours! She had a ball and got a Walmart bag full of goodies!



Here she is, enjoying some of her candy stash!
 Hope you all had a good Halloween!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: