Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wonderland: My Go-To Stamp

Even though you may have purchased several stamps from the Holiday Catalog, do you find yourself constantly reaching for the same stamp again and again? I do!

Lately, my favourite stamp is Wonderland. I just love this stamp! Is it just a coincidence that wonderful and Wonderland have the letters W-O-N-D-E-R in common? It's obvious that it is not only me that thinks this stamp is wonderful—just look at the many cards using it on Pinterest! It's a stamp that can be stamped in any color, on any card stock, be stamped off and be embossed in any way you cam dream of to use it. In short, it's magical!

Today, I knew I wanted to showcase these trees in white against the richness of Cherry Cobbler.
Rather than simply heat emboss the trees in white, I decided to create a custom embossing powder mix by combining equal parts of White Stampin' Emboss Powder and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

After stamping the trees with Versamark on Cherry Cobbler card stock, I heat embossed using my new concoction. I was so pleased with the result! I loved the rich contrast between the white and the Cherry Cobbler, and the added sparkle from the Dazzling Diamonds was sweet!

I decided to push the contrast even more by framing the trees with a die cut window frame in a piece of Whisper White Thick card stock. I used one of the Window Frame Collection Framelits to cut an opening in the matte. I used one size larger framelits to cut the trees.

I inked the edges of the matte with Cherry Cobbler and then taped the trees behind the white matte. I taped a length of the Cherry Cobbler linen ribbon around the bottom of the matte and then tied a short lie ever of the ribbon in a knot in the middle of the ribbon. I then adhered the matte to a card base of Whisper White Thick card stock.

For the sentiment, I used Noel from the Happy Scenes stamp set. I stamped it in Cherry Cobbler on a strip of Vellum card stock and heat embossed it using Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I used the Triple Banner Punch to flag both ends.

To complete the card, I used glue dots to fasten the sentiment across the window and then covered the glue dots with Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots.



For another Wonderland card, be sure to check out Color Burst Christmas and Wonderful Wonderland. Watch for more Wonderland cards from me in the near future! What have you created with Wonderland? Leave me a link in the comments below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


0 comments: