My card was chosen as a Top Pick on Stampin' Royalty #316! Woohoo! Click on the picture below to come and play!
Today I was busy making Valentine stuff which I'll post later this week. Just before picking up Raine, I had surfed over to the Stampin' Royalty blog and was surprised to discover that my Sky Is The Limit Birthday card was one of the picks for the #315 Challenge! That gave me a nice boost so I took a look at the challenge for this week and after supper I was compelled to create a card for it!
As soon as I saw the inspiration photo for the challenge, I thought of Mint Macaron and vellum. I knew that I would use the Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack and lots of gold!
I started by selecting a piece of the vellum that had the flowers from the Botanicals Builder Framelits printed on the vellum. I used the Framelits to die cut some flowers from Mint Macaron and set about placing the die cuts on the vellum to form a pleasing cluster. Once I was happy with it, I added die cut centres from Gold Glimmer Paper and leaves from Gold Foil Paper.
I cut a card base from the Mint Macaron card stock to make a 4.75 x 6" card. I cut the vellum to fit the front of the card. I decided to tie a length of both the Mint Macaron Dotted Ribbon and Gold Sequin Trim down the l ft side of the card. This allowed me to use Snail Adhesive to attach the vellum where the glue wouldn't be seen.
I then shaped each flower with my McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit set and inked the edges of each with Mint Macaron ink. I glued each centre into its flower using Multi Medium Matte. Before gluing the flowers onto the vellum, I made a thread nest from Gold Metallic Thread and secured it under the edge of the ribbon using a glue dot.
The flowers and leaves were then glued into place. The smallest flowers were adhered with glue dots. A rhinestone, coloured with a Copic marker, was added to each little flower.
The sentiment, from the Picture Perfect Stamp Set was stamped with Tip Top Taupe onto Mint Macaron. Then the sentiment was re-stamped using Gold Encore ink (I used my MISTI, of course!) Using the Tip Top Taupe ink first help d to give the color a bit more depth.
The sentiment was die cut using a die from the Bitty Banners Framelits. The edges were inked with Mint Macaron and then the banner was glued to the card front to complete the card.
|Close up details|
Hope you have a great day!