Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Something Old, Something New

Linda Vich Creates: Something Old, Something New. The flamingo from the new Pop of Paradise stamp set is the highlight of this textured card using a stunning color combo of Watermelon Wonder, Always Artichoke and Whisper White.
I'm afraid I have been somewhat remiss with my blog posts lately. I have been busy preparing for my upcoming Catalog Launch on May 27. Unfortunately, I can't show you my projects until after May 27 because I don't want to ruin the surprise!

On top of that, the iPad app that I use was holding my blog host hostage and wouldn't let me upload it! After retyping the whole post, Blogger then was doing very weird things! Finally, I was able to publish this post!

I did get to make a card today that combines both new and old products. I don't know what it is about flamingos but they are just so much fun! I couldn't wait to play with the new Pop of Paradise stamp set that features a flamingo as well as some lovely palm leaves, sentiments and a trendy pineapple.

I started with a standard card base cut from Always Artichoke and then cut a matte from the now retired Irresistibly Yours paper. This paper is wonderful because you can color it any color to match your project!

Using a retiring brayer, I inked up my matte with Watermelon Wonder. After giving it a minute to dry, I buffed it with a paper towel to reveal the white resist design. I adhered this layer to the to of the card base using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Next, I stamped the flamingo on Thick Whisper White card stock using Watermelon Wonder. After it dried, I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges with Soft Suede.

I cut a banner from Always Artichoke using the retiring Banners Framelits and then embossed it using the retiring Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. A sponge was used to sponge lightly across the raised dots with Soft Suede and the edges were also inked. The banner was adhered to the top of the card using Dimensionals.

Fast Fuse was used to anchor a swirl of Linen Thread below the stamped flamingo which was adhered with Dimensionals.

The sentiment from the Enjoy The Little things stamp set was stamped on Thick Whisper White using Always Artichoke and then Versamark (made easy by using the MISTI). It was heat embossed using Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. The edges were inked with Soft Suede and then the sentiment was adhered to the card front using Fast Fuse.

A Whisper White matte for the inside of the card was stamped with the head of the flamingo and then the edges were inked with Soft Suede.

Linda Vich Creates: Something Old, Something New. The flamingo from the new Pop of Paradise stamp set is the highlight of this textured card using a stunning color combo of Watermelon Wonder, Always Artichoke and Whisper White.

Linda Vich Creates: Something Old, Something New. The flamingo from the new Pop of Paradise stamp set is the highlight of this textured card using a stunning color combo of Watermelon Wonder, Always Artichoke and Whisper White.

I like how this turned out! I love the combination of the Always Artichoke and the Watermelon Wonder together with the crisp Whisper White. Please save the color combo below if you'd like to use it!

Linda Vich Creates: Something Old, Something New. Color Combo of Watermelon Wonder, Always Artichoke and Whisper White.




1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I can hardly wait to see your new SU projects, Linda! You always do incredible, unique things with your products! This little flamingo looks quite happy in his habitat! Wonderful use of the inks and fantastic card design (as always). Love it!

I have never been able to coordinate my blogger writing with the camera! Not sure why, but when trying to upload photos directly from my iPad, NONE of my photos shows up as eligible to upload into blogger! SIGH.

Seems like google and apple are always at war LOL

xo