Sunday, July 3, 2016

Hearth & Home With Flourish Thinlits

Linda Vich Creates: Hearth & Home With Flourish Thinlits. Brick wall backdrop for this window scene, complete with curtains and window box.
Today I am revisiting the brick wall that I created in my Pop of Paradise For My Daughter post from the other day.

If you remember, the first brick background I created for my card was in the wrong orientation! Today I make use of that background for a horizontal oriented card.
I chose to add a window to my brick wall background to create a somewhat realistic scene for my card.

The Hearth & Home Thinlits were used to die cut three windows from Basic Black and three window boxes from Melon Mambo card stock. I used liquid glue to stack these, one upon the other, for added strength. For the window box, I scored a line at the top before gluing on the last die cut to give the box a bit of dimension.

Because I really wanted the window box to "pop", I inked it up with Versamark and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder twice to give it a really glassy finish.

To create the drapes for the window, I cut two lengths of the now retired White Jute Ribbon and glued them to the back of the window frame. I added curtain pulls with some of the now retired Melon Mambo 1/8" ribbon.

A small piece of Smoky Slate card stock was cut to act as the inside of the house. It was glued into place on the brick matte and then the window frame was adhered over it using Foam Adhesive Strips. At this point the card front was adhered to a Basic Black card base using Dimensionals.

I used the retired Bird Builder Punch to punch some leaves from Basic Gray card stock. Flowers were punched from Smoky Slate, Whisper White and Melon Mambo using punches from both the Itty Bitty Accents and Itty Bitty Shapes punch packs, unfortunately both retired! The flowers were shaped using my McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit. Some rhinestones were colored with a Sharpie and then they were inserted into the flowers.

Leaves were adhered onto the bottom of the window frame using liquid glue and then the window box was adhered into place using triple Dimensionals to achieve the proper height to fit over the window frame. The flowers were adhered using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

The sentiment from the Picture Perfect stamp set was stamped on Melon Mambo with Basic Black Archival Ink and then the sentiment was punched with the now retired Washi Label Punch. The strip was adhered to the card front using Dimensionals.

Smoky Slate and Basic Gray leaves were die cut with the Flourish Thinlits and then adhered to the card front with liquid glue.

A Whisper White matte was stamped with the spray of flowers from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set using Melon Mambo and then the matte was adhered with Fast Fuse Adhesive to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Hearth & Home With Flourish Thinlits. Brick wall backdrop for this window scene, complete with curtains and window box.

Linda Vich Creates: Hearth & Home With Flourish Thinlits. Brick wall backdrop for this window scene, complete with curtains and window box.

I am delighted with how this card turned out! What is really pleasing is that I was able to use both of the brick backgrounds I originally created but in two very different ways!

Have you tried creating an inked and embossed brick background yet? It is really fun and you can use any inks you need to match your project!



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

You are so clever, Linda! And how you think up the shading, colors, blending, etc - all of that is such a gift you have, and I thoroughly enjoy every piece of art you create! xo

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! I don't know about having a gift but I am definitely pleased with how this turned out!