Saturday, July 2, 2016

It's A Good Day

Linda Vich Creates: It's A Good Day. The crisp colors of white and navy come together in this stunning card that uses the Floral Boutique DSP.
Last night I was clicking through my Evernote app looking at various card techniques when I spotted the Double Pleated Card technique from Iced Images. Instantly I knew what I was going to do with this technique.

I started by selecting one of the papers from the Floral Boutique DSP and trimming it to 5 x 10". I scored it, on the long side, at 1" and then 1.5" and repeated this pattern of one inch and then a half inch across the sheet.

Turning the sheet over, I marked both at 2 and 3" on each short end and then lined up my sheet at an angle in my Stampin' Trimmer with the 2" mark and the scored mark closest to it on either side of the centre fold in the sheet. Then I lined up at the 3" mark and the scored mark closest to it on the other side of the paper. I repeated this by switching to the other end of the paper. This gave me a diamond-shaped piece of paper.

Turning over to the side of the DSP I wanted to display, I alternated mountain and valley folds until I reached the middle scored section. I then switched to the other end of the paper and repeated this process until my entire sheet was pleated and met in the centre. I used Fast Fuse Adhesive to secure the pleats.

The length of this pleated piece measured 5" and the width was 4" so I cut a matte from Thick Whisper White card stock in this size. Using the Petal Burst Embossing Folder, I dry embossed the matte and then used Fast Fuse to adhere the pleated piece to it. A length of the now retired Night of Navy Seam Binding was adhered across the middle of the pleated piece. This panel was then adhered to a Night of Navy matte using Dimensionals. A Thick Whisper White card base with a finished size of 4.75 x 6" was then used.

I used the Botanical Builders Framelits to die cut a flower from the Thick Whisper White and stamens from Night of Navy card stock. These were shaped with my Mcgill Paper Blossom Tool Kit. The stamens were adhered with liquid glue and the flower adhered to the card front with a Dimensional. A pearl was added to the centre of the flower.

A piece of white Baker's twine tied together a length of pearl trim from the now retired Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. These were adhered with glue dots. The sentiment from the Best Birds stamp set was stamped on Night of Navy using Versamark and heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder.

The Layering Circles Framelits were used to die cut the sentiment and then the now retired 1 1/4" Scalloped Circle Punch was used to cut a Thick Whisper White matte. These were adhered to the card front using Dimensionals.

Inside the card I adhered a strip of the same DSP and also stamped some flowers from the Touches of Texture stamp set to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: It's A Good Day. The crisp colors of white and navy come together in this stunning card that uses the Floral Boutique DSP.

Linda Vich Creates: It's A Good Day. The crisp colors of white and navy come together in this stunning card that uses the Floral Boutique DSP.

Don't you just love the crisp look of Night of Navy and Whisper White? It makes me think of wash day when clean white sheets could be seen billowing on a clothesline!

Have you used the Floral Boutique DSP yet? These papers are part of the Floral Boutique Suite found in the catalog on pages 76-77. I'm sure you will want to pair them with the matching Washi Tape, Solid Night of Navy Baker's Twine, Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies and Floral Phrases stamp set. I think this is one of the nicest suites in the catalog! Place your order with me today so you can enjoy creating with this wonderful suite!




0 comments: