Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Copper Congratulations

Linda Vich Creates: Copper Congratulations. A simple, masculine card, rich in both texture and color.
Today I designed a congratulatory card with hopes of giving it to my son-in-law who is waiting on the results of a job interview.

If Steffan gets the job, it will be a wonderful change for him. It will be closer to home so he can save on gas,  there will be lots of training (he would get to go to Minneapolis for two weeks!) and good opportunities for advancement. Even better, he would not have to lift a lot of heavy items so it would be better for his back.

The card itself is quite simple but I think that it makes an effective masculine card because it incorporates a lot of texture with its simplicity.

I started with a standard card base of Island Indigo. On a small piece of Island Indigo, I stamped with Versamark the sentiment from the stamp set that comes with the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit. I heat embossed it with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and then flagged the end using the Triple Banner Punch. I also wrapped the non-flagged end with Linen Thread and added a bow.

Cutting a piece of Copper Foil Sheet, I used the punch again and then then embossed the piece using the Petal Burst Embossing Folder.

To add even more texture to the card, I cut two pieces of the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and angled the ends, fraying them a little. These were adhered to the middle of the card front using Fast Fuse. The embossed copper banner was adhered using Dimensionals with the sentiment banner on top.

For the inside of the card, I cut a matte from the now retired Naturals Ivory card stock. I added a further sentiment as well as some grunge from the Touches of Texture stamp set; both the sentiment and grunge were heat embossed with copper. I adhered the matte with Fast Fuse to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Copper Congratulations. A simple, masculine card, rich in both texture and color.
This photo shows off the copper to its best.

Linda Vich Creates: Copper Congratulations. A simple, masculine card, rich in both texture and color.

I think that the copper works wonderfully well with the Island Indigo. I'm hopeful that Steffan will hear soon about the job and that I can give him this card!




0 comments: