Saturday, October 22, 2016

Star of Light

Linda Vich Creates: Star of Light. A simple yet elegant card that uses the a copper die cut from the Starlight Thinlits against a sparkle embossed Melon Mambo background.
Today I have a simple yet effective card to share with you.

This card did not go completely to plan. I had intended to use the embossed impressions technique that Jennifer McGuire shared the other day but that will take a bit more practice! I absolutely love her technique so I will definitely be practicing until I get it to work for me! With the exception of the embossing technique, the card design is the same.

I started by cutting a standard card base from Thick Whisper White card stock. I also cut a matte from Melon Mambo. I used the Sparkle Embossing Folder to emboss it and then lightly sponged it with Melon Mambo ink to bring out the embossing.

One of the Starlight Thinlits was used to die cut a star from Copper Foil. I also cut two thin strips of Copper which were adhered to the edges of the Melon Mambo matte using Fast Fuse Adhesive. This matte was then adhered to the card front using Dimensionals. The copper star was adhered to the matte using rolled up Glue Dots.

The sentiment, from the Star of Light stamp set, was stamped on Thick Whisper White using Versamark and then heat embossed using Copper Embossing Powder. It was die cut using a die from the Project LIfe Cards & Labels Framelits and then adhered to the matte using Dimensionals.

Inside the card I stamped the matching star in Versamark and heat embossed it using the now retired Iridescent Emboss Powder. It was impossible to get a good picture of this but it added just a subtle yet elegant touch to complete this card.

Linda Vich Creates: Star of Light. A simple yet elegant card that uses the a copper die cut from the Starlight Thinlits against a sparkle embossed Melon Mambo background.

This card is indeed very simple and could easily be completed in a card class. I could have stepped it up by adding rhinestones to the copper star or sprinkling sequins around but for this card I decided that less was more.




1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Linda! xo