Friday, January 6, 2017

One In A Million Tee Shirt Birthday

Linda Vich Creates: One In A Million Tee Shirt Birthday. Vibrant birthday card created using Custom Tee Bundle and the new Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder.
Well, our house is quiet again now that Courtney, Steffan, Raine, and the three cats have moved back to their own house! It was so nice to have them here yet sometimes difficult for both them and us as we all have our own routines and they don't always mesh well!

Because I wouldn't be seeing him on Monday, I wanted to send a card with Steffan for his 25th birthday.

Steffan is definitely a person who marches to his own drummer and his trademark is the black t-shirts that he wears. I knew that as soon as I saw the Custom Tee Bundle that I would use it on cards for him!

I started by using Versamark to stamp the t-shirt and its sentiment on Basic Black. I heat embossed using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and then die cut with the matching framelits.

After cutting a standard card base from Basic Black, I cut a matte from Real Red. To create the effect on the matte, I used a now retired Brayer to ink up the top of the new Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder with Basic Black Archival ink and then inserted the matte and ran it through the Big Shot. Not only did I get that fabulous 3D embossing but the "chicken wire" effect added to the gritty, urban look that I wanted.

I then proceeded to wrap a combo of Basic Black Baker's Twine with the now retired Gold Baker's Twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack from the Holiday Catalog around the matte, securing at the back with tape. Please note that I did try both the Black and the Gold twines on their own but only the combo produced this dynamic effect!

I used Dimensionals to adhere the matte to the card front as well as to pop up the t-shirt on the front of the card. I did adhere a white matte to the inside of the card but kept the sentiment to a simple Happy 25th Birthday created by using both the Number of Years and the Project Life Day to Day stamp sets.

Here's one of my favorite photos of Steffan from Christmas–a photo of Steffan is a rarity. He was really enjoying himself on Christmas Eve!


I am sure that Steffan will enjoy this card and I am pleased with the final result!

Linda Vich Creates: One In A Million Tee Shirt Birthday. Vibrant birthday card created using Custom Tee Bundle and the new Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder.




0 comments: