Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Magical Mermaid Birthday

Linda Vich Creates: Magical Mermaid Birthday. A sparkly, tropical underwater scene is created with both the Magical Mermaid and Seaside Shore stamp sets.
The card share I have for you today is a card I have been working on for a few days, getting it just the way that I wanted it. I used a 5 x 7" card size so I would have lots of room for my deep sea scene. I have had so much fun stamping, coloring, and blending!

I started with a piece of Watercolor Paper and I sponged the bottom with Sahara Sand. I a stamp from the Magical Mermaid to stamp over this to create the sandy bottom.

After heat setting this, I stamped seaweed from the Magical Mermaid stamp set using Pear Pizzazz. I used several different Stampin' Write Markers to color these and then heat set them. I sponged a little more Sahara Sand over the bottom of the plants to "ground" them.

I used the MISTI to repeatedly stamp the mermaid after coloring portions of the stamp with a variety of markers. A Blender Pen was then used to fill in the scales and the other parts of the mermaid before heat setting again. Finally, I stamped over the mermaid using Versamark and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.

Next, I used a sponge to apply Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo from the top to the bottom of the matte. I used some Clear Wink of Stella on the mermaid's tail and to highlight her hair.

Using the plant from the Seaside Shore stamp set, I stamped it twice on Watercolor Paper using Garden Green and then colored them in with markers and the Blender Pen, finishing by fussy cutting them. A Garden Green marker was used to ink the edges of the plant so no white was visible.

The two angel fish were also stamped on Watercolor Paper but with Jet Black Stazon. After heat setting, they were colored with a Lemon Lime Twist marker and fussy cut. After applying a coat of Clear Wink of Stella to the colored parts of the fish, they were clear embossed two times to make them very glossy. The fussy cut plants were also clear embossed.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the anchor from the Seaside Shore stamp set, cutting four separate anchors. Liquid adhesive was used to glue these together.

To make the anchor look rusty, I started by stamping parts of the anchor with Delicata Gold ink and then heat embossing slightly with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. I repeated by stamping and embossing with Versamark and using Copper, Gold and Clear Embossing Powders and also by distressing it with some Jet Black Stazon ink.

Of course, the anchor had to have a chain to lower it into the ocean so I cut a length of silver chain and gave it a faux rust effect by applying Inka Gold in Copper, Old Gold and Graphite colors. The top of the chain and the anchor was adhered to the matte using Glue Dots. Seaweed was adhered over the anchor and to the side of it using both Glue Dots and Mini Dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black on Cajun Craze and then die cut using the #2 circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. A matte was die cut using the #4 scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Framelits. After adhering them together with liquid adhesive, Foam Adhesive Strips were used to adhere it over the top of the anchor's chain.

The angel fish were adhered to the matte using Dimensionals and then liquid adhesive was used to add Dazzling Diamonds selectively to the mermaid's headband and to her tail. Clear sequins were used as bubbles and other sequins were used to add a bit more glitz to this under the sea scene. The matte edges were sponged with Cajun Craze before adhering to a Cajun Craze card front using Dimensionals.

A second Watercolor matte was cut for inside the card. The tail of the mermaid was stamped in Bermuda Bay and seaweed was stamped repeatedly using various colors of green ink–Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Garden Green and Lemon Lime Twist. A sponge was used to ink the edges of the matte with Lemon Lime Twist and then the matte was adhered inside the card to complete it.

Linda Vich Creates: Magical Mermaid Birthday. A sparkly, tropical underwater scene is created with both the Magical Mermaid and Seaside Shore stamp sets.
Linda Vich Creates: Magical Mermaid Birthday. A sparkly, tropical underwater scene is created with both the Magical Mermaid and Seaside Shore stamp sets.

Linda Vich Creates: Magical Mermaid Birthday. A sparkly, tropical underwater scene is created with both the Magical Mermaid and Seaside Shore stamp sets.

Linda Vich Creates: Magical Mermaid Birthday. A sparkly, tropical underwater scene is created with both the Magical Mermaid and Seaside Shore stamp sets.


I'm so pleased with how this turned out! I plan to give it to my sister-in-law for her birthday when we go to visit in July and August.




5 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooh! gorgeous, rich colors and beautifully designed, Linda! xx

Betty said...

Wow! Beautifully designed, gorgeous coloring and sparkle, love this!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! I had so much fun with this card!

Deb Sumption said...

Absolutely stunning. Your details are amazing. Beautiful!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Deb!