Sunday, June 18, 2017

Seaside Shore Father's Day

Linda Vich Creates: Seaside Shore Father's Day. Both Seaside Shore and Magical Mermaid have been used to create this tropical scene on a Father's Day card.
I had so much fun creating this card for my husband for Father's Day! I really enjoy sponging–especially on watercolor paper which is more forgiving–to get a beautiful blend of colors.

For this card, I started by stamping the two plants using Pear Pizzazz. The plant on the right is from the Seaside Shore stamp set and the other is from Magical Mermaid. I then used my Stampin' Write Markers to color them in and then heat set them.

Next, I did my sponging on a Watercolor paper matte. I used Sahara Sand at the bottom and for the water I used Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Island Indigo, sponging right over the plants.

Using Soft Suede, I stamped the little collection of shells and debris on the sandy bottom.

The fish were stamped on watercolor paper as well, using Basic Black Archival. I heat set the ink and then colored them with the markers. After heat setting again, I stamped them with Versamark and heat embossed them with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, doing half at a time. I repeated this to make them extra glossy and then even added a touch of Clear Wink of Stella.

On another piece of Watercolor paper I repeated my sponging and then, using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment from the Crazy About You stamp set using Basic Black and then Versamark which allowed me to heat emboss it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I then die cut the sentiment using the #3 oval die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.

The finished sponged matte was adhered to a thin Island Indigo matte using Fast Fuse and then to a Bermuda Bay card front using Dimensionals. The fish and the sentiment were adhered using Dimensionals. I adhered some Papertrey Ink Rainstones for bubbles using liquid adhesive.

I also used watercolor paper for a matte inside the card. I sponged on some Sahara Sand at the bottom and stamped on the shells using Soft Suede. I had planned to just sponge the top and side edges of the card next but forgot and sponged all the way across the top with Pool Party so I went with it! I added Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo at the sides. The sentiment was stamped with Soft Suede.

Linda Vich Creates: Seaside Shore Father's Day. Both Seaside Shore and Magical Mermaid have been used to create this tropical scene on a Father's Day card.

Linda Vich Creates: Seaside Shore Father's Day. Both Seaside Shore and Magical Mermaid have been used to create this tropical scene on a Father's Day card.

Linda Vich Creates: Seaside Shore Father's Day. Both Seaside Shore and Magical Mermaid have been used to create this tropical scene on a Father's Day card.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out–what's not to love with these tropical colors?




0 comments: