Saturday, August 2, 2014

BigShot Workout

Well I definitely put my BigShot through its paces yesterday, creating this birthday card!


This is not my usual card style but I had a lot of fun in creating it and bringing two different stamp sets together as well as utilizing three sets of framelits!

I started with a standard card base in Tangerine Tango and cut a Basic Black matte to go on top. I cut a Melon Mambo matte to go on the very top.

I used my BigShot with the Magnetic Platform and the On Film Framelits to cut three film frames from Basic Black. I glued these together to make a sturdier piece with a little thickness.

I then cut three of the little cameras, one Basic Black and two, Tangerine Tango. The process for cutting these was different from the film frame. I laid the Framelit face up on the platform and placed the paper on top to give it a really embossed look.

I also cut out the arrow in Tangerine Tango. I used a sponge dauber and Cajun Craze ink to ink the edges of the arrow and the two cameras.

Next, used a stamp from the Amazing Birthday stamp set. I used Stampin Markers in Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Basic Black to ink up the stamp. After stamping on Whisper White I used one of the Banners Framelits dies to cut it out. I stamped the cake stamp with Tangerine Tango and punched it out using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch to punch a matte for it out of Basic Black and then glued the pieces together.

Lastly, I used the Just Sayin' stamp set with Tangerine Tango and then cut it out using the Word Bubble Framelits.

I used Dimensionals to pop up the slide frame and then tucked the Word Bubble behind it. The cameras, arrow and cake also used Dimensionals. I think it came together quite well!

I used the Envelope Punch Board to create an envelope in Melon Mambo and added a little interest to it by using the Decorative Dots embossing folder with the BigShot to emboss the flap of the envelope. I could not have done this with my Cuttlebug because I had to turn the embossing folder sideways to go through the BigShot. The Cuttlebug does not have enough width to allow this strategy. I think it gives it the finishing touch it needs!

What are you going to create with your BigShot after purchasing it this month?




0 comments: