Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sale-a-bration, 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge


It's finally THE day! The 2015 Occasions Catalog is live and Sale-a-Bration is in full swing! If you are a customer of mine, by now you should have received your Sale-a-Bration brochure and 2015 Occasions Catalog. However, for your convenience, you may access both of these resources in PDF form by scrolling down and looking to the right on my blog.

There are SO many wonderful products in the Occasions Catalog and by placing an order of $60 you have several amazing products to select from for FREE from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure! I know you will want to receive them all so plan your purchases carefully. Sale-a-Bration only lasts from January 6 to March 31 and once it is over, it's over!

Click here to view a video tutorial on how you can use two of my favorite Freebies from Sale-a-Bration–Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper and Blendabilities!

As Sale-a-Bration continues, I will post about other products as well as share projects created with products from both the Occasions Catalog and the Freebies from Sale-a-Bration. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you will not miss a post!

Now, let's take a look at the card I designed for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!


For this card, I used the free Irresistibly Yours paper and the Sheltering Tree stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.

Linda Vich Creates: Sale-a-Bration, 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

To begin with, I cut a 5 x 7 card base from Chocolate Chip card stock. I then cut a panel from one of the Irresistibly Yours papers.

I used a combination of Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral and Strawberry Slush to sponge a gradient from top to bottom on the panel. I then adhered the inked panel and a strip of Pink Pirouette to the card base.

Using the Banner Punch, I punched two banners, one from Crisp Cantaloupe and one from Strawberry Slush.

On a piece of Whisper White, I stamped the grass in Pear Pizzazz and then the tree base in Chocolate Chip. Of course, since I was using photopolymer stamps, I was sure to stamp on top of my Stampin' Pierce Mat like I mentioned in 3 Things To Know Before Using The Flower Patch Stamp Set.

For the leaves, I first inked up the stamp using Pink Pirouette. I then used the Thumping Technique to add more color to the leaves. To do this, I used my Crisp Cantaloupe and Strawberry Slush Stampin' Write Markers.

After stamping the leaves, I stamped the sentiment using Chocolate Chip. The stamped panel was then mounted on Dimensionals, with the little banners attached at the bottom right edge.

Because the card base was dark, I added an inner panel of Naturals White card stock to the inside, stamped with some of the leaves. This time for the Thumping Technique I added the Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker to give a bit more variety to the leaves.

Linda Vich Creates: Sale-a-Bration, 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge


Linda Vich Creates: Sale-a-Bration, 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge


Linda Vich Creates: Sale-a-Bration, 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

The Sheltering Tree stamp set is wonderful to work with and I will use it again soon! I also enjoyed using the Irresistibly Yours paper–sponging is just one technique you can use with it to create your own one-of-a-kind paper. Be sure to place your $60 order with me so you can receive this paper as one of your freebies!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Carrie Rhoades said...

Great card Linda! So glad you found me! I just having fun browsing your blog!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, Carrie!