Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Gift From The Garden In Bold, Bright Colors

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden In Bold, Bright Colors. A boldly colored Brick Wall serves as a stunning backdrop to Cucumber Crush stamping using the Gift From The Garden stamp set from Stampin Up.As I have mentioned in past posts, if I have any spare time while working at Walmart, I amuse myself by making lists of potential color combos and drawing sketches for card ideas.

We've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do much of this but there was a bit of a lull the other day so I had a chance to jot a few things down. Yesterday's card, in fact, was actually inspired by my careful examination of a potato chip bag! The color scheme was perfect and I knew I had to use it!

Though yesterday I completed my three-part "gardening" series, today's card also employs a gardening theme but the color scheme is one I thought of while working at Walmart.

I started by embossing a Whisper White matte with the new Brick Wall embossing folder. I have been wanting to use that one for so long!

I used sponge daubers to color in the bricks using Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon and I inked the edges using Chocolate Chip. The matte was adhered to a Cajun Craze card base using Dimensionals.

The color I chose to complement the brick wall was one of our new In Colors, Cucumber Crush. Using my MISTI I stamped both the sentiment and the three plants on Whisper White card stock and then die cut them using two different sets of Framelits–Project Life Cards & Labels and Lots Of Labels. I inked the edges of the die cuts using the same ink.

Using a few swirls of Linen Thread to form a circle, I wrapped the circle with some Gold Metallic Thread. I kept the ends from unravelling by using a couple of drops of Crystal Effects. The "wreath" was adhered behind the sentiment die cut and then the sentiment and the plant die cuts were adhered to the card front using Dimensionals.

To complete the card, I would have used my Blendability Markers but I had returned them to Stampin Up. Instead, I used a YR23 Copic Marker to color some rhinestones and then affixed them to each die cut.

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden In Bold, Bright Colors. A boldly colored Brick Wall serves as a stunning backdrop to Cucumber Crush stamping using the Gift From The Garden stamp set from Stampin Up.

So, do you think of the color scheme? Drop me a note below!

My love for bold, bright colors was definitiely satisfied by creating this card! I will look forward to using the Brick Wall folder again as it was a pleasure to color it.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


0 comments: