Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Glints of Gold With Wonderland

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of visiting my friend, Charlene, and working in her new craft room!

Wow! What a change from the bare basement in which she used to work to a sophisticated, secret hideaway tucked behind the wall-to-wall bookcase in her new rec room area!

Her new area is bright, functional, and welcoming! She has a large work table in the middle, designed to sit four, with storage on one end, as well as additional space to set up tables if she hosts a large group of stampers.

Counters with white cupboards above and drawers below are along one wall, giving her plenty of work and storage space for her Big Shot and Paper Trimmer and other tools.

The white contrasts beautifully with the Lucky Limeade wall color–it looks amazing! Though it is still a work in progress, her craft room is definitely a wonderful space in which to work! I would have posted pictures but her craft area and rec room are to be featured in an upcoming magazine issue so I do not want to spoil the surprise!

While at Charlene's, I was able to work on two different cards and start some coloring with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Of course, as is often the case when you travel somewhere to craft, you can't totally complete a project because the sentiment stamps or the embellishments with which you came are not the ones you need! However, I made a good start and was able to finish my two cards when I returned home. I have one of those cards to show you today.

To my dismay, Wonderland is on the Retiring Products List from the Holiday Catalog :( I love working with this stamp and have seen many lovely renditions of the stamp. Be sure you order yours before it disappears!

I wanted to use the stamp with Night of Navy but I thought it would look very nice paired with Soft Suede. I cut my card base from Soft Suede to make a 5 x 7" card.

I had previously stamped on Vellum card stock using Versamark and heat embossed the trees using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.

The Oval Framelits Collection were used to cut an oval from a 4.25 x 5.5" matte of Night of Navy and then I placed the vellum behind it and taped it in place. Because I liked the look of the Night of Navy through the vellum, rather than the Soft Suede, I cut a second Night of Navy matte and adhered it behind the vellum.

Wrapping two lengths of the 3/8" White Glitter ribbon around the bottom of the matte, I then covered the seam between the two pieces using a length of the Gold Sequin Trim.

I chose one of the wooden Snowflake Elements and covered it with glue using the 2-Way Glue Pen. I sprinkled on a coating of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and set it aside to dry.

The matte was adhered to the card base using Dimensionals and then I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach a few loose gold sequins to the top of the matte.

Once the snowflake was dry, I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen again to adhere a large gold sequin to the centre of the flake and then placed a rhinestone in its centre for a little added sparkle.

I adhered some glue dots on top of the Gold Sequin Trim and then bundled some Gold Metallic Thread and secured it to the glue dots. I used more glue dots to attach the snowflake on top of the thread.

Close up detail of the embellishment cluster.

For the inside of the card, I used a matte of the now retired Naturals White card stock. Using Night of Navy, I stamped the trees to the bottom right of the card and also added the sentiment from the same set. The matte was adhered to the card using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

To finish the card, I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to add tiny drops of glue to the trees and then added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to give them a subtle hint of sparkle!



I definitely like the richness of pairing Night of Navy with the Soft Suede! Have you tried this combo before? Drop me a note below!

You may like to read my other posts where I feature the soon to be retiring stamp set, Wonderland.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Linda! (Happy After Thanksgiving). I am very happy to be following you these days - your posts are delightful to read, and your photos and artwork are lovely! I can see why you are sad to say farewell to this stamp set. It's gorgeous! And I love what you've done with it using these beautiful blue tones! Very magical! Hope your friend has many years of enjoyment in her new craft room! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Donna, you are so sweet and leave the nicest comments! You are most welcome to visit anytime!