Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Jar of Love For Father's Day

Linda Vich Creates: Jar of Love For Father's Day. Sparkling fireflies frolic in a mason jar on this Night of Navy and Floral Boutique matted card.
I have so many new products from the new catalog that it is hard to choose what to play with next!

When I sat down to craft today, I had planned to make a Father's Day card for my husband. I was prepared to use the Best Birds stamp set and was going to watercolor one of the birds. Much to my annoyance, I discovered that once you use rubbing alcohol in a water brush pen (I use the Kuretake Fude Water Brush Pen, Small because I like the detailed tip better than on the Stampin' Up Aqua Pen) it should only be reserved for alcohol as the alcohol.

It seems that somehow the alcohol gets trapped in the end and it didn't seem to work properly for water after that! So, I have another one on order (that will be marked for water only!) but it won't arrive until Friday.

Shifting gears, I decided to work with the Jar of Love stamp set instead. Because I was drawn to the "You Light Up My Life" sentiment, I decided to put fireflies in a jar.

I used my MISTI to stamp the largest jar on a piece of Window Sheet using Jet Black Stazon. I set it aside to dry while I stamped the fireflies on vellum and heat embossed them with the now retired Black Stampin' Emboss Powder. I also stamped the lid for the jar on Thick Whisper White card stock using Versamark and heat embossed it with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I used the Everyday Jars Framelits to die cut the jar, lid, and fireflies. Before die cutting the fireflies, I used a Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker to color on the backside of the vellum. Afterwards, I decided that the "light" wasn't bright enough so then I colored on the front side of the vellum.

On a small Night of Navy matte, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I attached the lid to the jar using glue dots and then adhered the jar to the matte using Dimensionals just under the lid. I was able to position and adhere the fireflies under the jar by lifting it up.

The Night of Navy matte was adhered to a Thick Whisper White matte using Fast Fuse. A matte cut from a sheet of the Floral Boutique DSP (you have to get this–it's wonderful!) was adhered to another Night of Navy matte with Fast Fuse and then the matte with the jar was adhered to the larger matte with Dimensionals. This entire matted piece was then adhered to a Thick White card base using Dimensionals.

After it was put together I liked it but still didn't like the "light" from the fireflies. I decided to use a Y18 Copic Marker to color some rhinestones and stuck these to the fireflies. Finally, they had lights I could appreciate!

The inside of the card was plain except for a Happy Father's Day sentiment from the Crazy About You stamp set.

Linda Vich Creates: Jar of Love For Father's Day. Sparkling fireflies frolic in a mason jar on this Night of Navy and Floral Boutique matted card.

I'm pleased with how my card turned out and I am sure my husband will like it. The crisp navy and white really look nice together! If I could change only one thing, I wish that I had stamped the jar in White Stazon instead of the black because I think it would have shown up better.




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Soooooo pretty AND fun! I just love the way you use color! xxoo

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna! Glad you liked it!