Monday, June 6, 2016

Swirly Bird Meets Love & Affection

Linda Vich Creates: Swirly Bird Meets Love & Affection. Swirly Bird stamps and matching dies are combined with angled stripes in this Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim color-schemed card.
So nice to actually get my hands on Swirly Bird and the coordinating Swirly Scribbles dies! Cards using these products are all over Pinterest.

I started my card by cutting a standard card base from Emerald Envy card stock. I also cut a matte from the retired Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP.

Using my brayer, now retired, I inked up the matte using Dapper Denim and then carefully wiped off the excess using a paper towel.

Using the dies, I cut two of the swirls from Emerald Envy and coated them with Clear Wink of Stella. While they were drying, I punched the small flowers from Dapper Denim using the Blossom Bunch Punch. I used my McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit to shape the flowers a bit.

Using my new Marsupial Layering Tool, I adhered my matte to the card base using Dimensionals. I used dots of glue on the back of the swirls to glue them to the bottom of the card front.

Glue dots were used to adhere the tiny flowers to the swirls and then I added White Perfect Accents to the centres.

The sentiment from the Love & Affection was stamped on a strip of Emerald Envy using Versamark and then heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I then used the Triple Banner Punch to flag the end. Fast Fuse adhered the strip to the top of the card front.

On a scrap of Whisper White I stamped three little swirls from the Swirly Bird stamp set, using Dapper Denim. I fussy cut these and then edged them with the Dapper Denim marker so that no white was evident. These were attached to the sentiment strip using glue dots.

On a Whisper White matte on the inside of the card, I used the "dots" stamp from the Swirly Bird set to stamp using Dapper Denim, both full-strength and stamped-off. I then stamped two sizes of the tiniest swirls stamps in Emerald Envy on top of the dots to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Swirly Bird Meets Love & Affection. Swirly Bird stamps and matching dies are combined with angled stripes in this Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim color-schemed card.

Linda Vich Creates: Swirly Bird Meets Love & Affection. Swirly Bird stamps and matching dies are combined with angled stripes in this Emerald Envy and Dapper Denim color-schemed card.

Have you had the chance to play with Swirly Bird yet? If not, place an order with me!




4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I would never have put those colors together, and they not only look amazing, but the stripes and circular elements look really fantastic, Linda! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna! Loving these new colors!

Gloria S said...

I just came home from a Disney cruise. I see a little Mickey in just a few elements. Still it's a beautiful card. I love the sentiments. The nice thing about SU is we can use any elements with any sentiments. Whatever is in your heart to say is somewhere in SU to say! Everything except Get Well Soon! Any get well stamps or dies, just aren't as available! I've looked in our catalog, but, still can't find much to stamp on a card? I wonder why?

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for your comments Gloria! Lucky you to be cruising!