Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Autumn Thank You

Linda Vich Creates: Thoughtful Branches Autumn Thank You. A tree trunk from the Beautiful Branches Thinlits floats over an autumn-hued leaf background in this pretty thank you card.
Friday, I needed a thank you card in a hurry so I reached for my Beautiful Branches Thinlits and a "dots" stamp from the Swirly Birds stamp set.

To begin, I die cut the tree from Soft Suede card stock and a matte from Whisper White. I placed the tree in the middle of the matte and drew a very light pencil line around the tree branches.

I removed the tree and then used the "dots" stamp to stamp several times within and slightly outside the pencil line using a variety of fall ink colors–Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, and Garden Green.

Once the ink was dry, I erased the pencil lines. I then cut small pieces of Adhesive Strips to place on the back of the tree. The tree was then adhered to the matte so that the colorful "leaves" showed through the branches.

A 5.5 x 5.5" card base was cut from Cherry Cobbler and the front embossed using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.

The white matte was adhered to a Soft Suede one and then to a Delightful Dijon one and finally to the card front. The last touch was to add the now retired wooden Thanks element to the tree to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Thoughtful Branches Autumn Thank You. A tree trunk from the Beautiful Branches Thinlits floats over an autumn-hued leaf background in this pretty thank you card.

I love the design of this card, with the "leaves" peeking through the branches of the tree. I could remake this card, over and over again, using different color schemes each time and never get tired of it!




1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Linda, you know what this autumn theme card reminds me of? CONFETTI! It's like a tree is throwing a party for everyone to come see, with dancing leaves popping up in colorful attire everywhere! There should be a parade, right? And the parade should be followed by the old fashioned street sweeper, so that there are no leaves to rake up for the owners! LOL It's a delightful card, and made my imagination happy, and my heart smile! hugs, de