Friday, October 14, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Sunflower

Linda Vich Creates: Thoughtful Branches Sunflower. A cheerful sunflower created with the Thoughtful Branches stamp set rests upon a cable knit matte in this cheerful birthday card.
Today's card share is a birthday card for a friend of mine who really likes sunflowers.

I cut a card base from Garden Green card stock for a 5.5 x 5.5" card. I cut a Soft Suede matte and embossed it with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder. After inking the edges with Soft Suede, I adhered it to the card front with Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Next, I stamped the leaves from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set—22 times—using Delightful Dijon. I had meant to stamp on Delightful Dijon card stock but pulled out some Hello Honey by mistake!

I die cut the leaves with the coordinating dies. I also used the dies to die cut the stem and leaves from Garden Green.

I punched a circle from Soft Suede card stock using the 2" Circle Punch. Using Soft Suede, I stamped the leaf canopy from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set on Soft Suede card stock and then die cut it. I then punched a 2" circle from the die cut and then glued it to the punched circle using liquid adhesive.

Unless you click on the pictures for a closeup look, you won't be able to see the Gold Wink of Stella that was "flicked" over both the embossed matte and the sunflower centre to add a bit of sparkle.

I adhered the stem to the card front using Glue Dots. The circle was turned upside down and then I glued the petals around the circle in two concentric circles. I adhered the flower to the card front over the stem using Dimensionals.

The Banner Triple Punch was used to flag one end of a strip of Garden Green. The sentiment from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set and the bee from the Garden in Bloom stamp set were stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. The sentiment was adhered to the centre of the sunflower using a Dimensional.

A Very Vanilla matte was cut for the inside of the card. Two leaves were stamped in Garden Green in the bottom right corner of the matte. A third leaf was stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla and die cut. It was adhered over the two stamped leaves using Dimensionals. The matte was adhered inside the card using Fast Fuse.

Linda Vich Creates: Thoughtful Branches Sunflower. A cheerful sunflower created with the Thoughtful Branches stamp set rests upon a cable knit matte in this cheerful birthday card.

Linda Vich Creates: Thoughtful Branches Sunflower. A cheerful sunflower created with the Thoughtful Branches stamp set rests upon a cable knit matte in this cheerful birthday card.




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your sunflower loving friend will be thrilled with this beautiful card, Linda! Lovely, perfectly placed petals look marvelous! Hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna, though I really struggled with those petals. The sunflower didn't look so symmetrical to me! 😟