Saturday, November 26, 2016

ColorBurst and Stitched Shapes Thank You

Linda Vich Creates: ColorBurst and Stitched Shapes Thank You. Stampin Up Pretty Pines and Stitched Shapes Framelits combine with Color Bursts and Inka Gold in this seasonal card.
Today's card share uses a mix of Stampin' Up and some of my mixed media supplies.

I started by cutting a standard card base from Thick Whisper White as well as a matte, to completely cover the card front, from Basic Gray.

Using the Sparkle Embossing Folder, I dry embossed the Basic Gray matte and then used my fingers to stroke on Silver Inka Gold. I was not overly particular about they way it went on because I wanted a kind of rustic finish to the matte. After the Inka Gold had been applied, I used a paper towel to buff it to bring out the shine. The matte was then adhered to the card front using Fast Fuse.

Next, I used my Ken Oliver Color Bursts on Watercolor paper. I tapped the colors that I wanted to use out on my paper and then I used a new to me product called Ink Potion #9 by Tsukineko to spray the ink powders. This spray is supposed to be good for blending inks and paint but also to help combat the warping of paper caused by spraying with water. It did seem to help quite a bit with keeping the paper flat. I continued spraying and adding more of the Color Bursts until I was satisfied with the color blending and then I allowed them to dry. I created two different color combos using Turquoise, Ultramarine Blue and Indigo for the blues and Lime Green, Terre Verte, and Pthalo Green for the greens.

Once these were completely dry, I used two sizes of Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out circles. I then used the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits (which were in the first 24 Hour Sale for Online Extravaganza) to cut ornament toppers from Silver Foil. I used liquid adhesive to attach the toppers to the two stitched shapes to form Christmas ornaments.

I threaded a length of the now retired silver cording through each ornament topper. The ornaments were adhered to the card front using Dimensionals and the cording adhered using Glue Dots.

Sprigs of pine were die cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper as well as little berries from Real Red Glimmer paper using the Pretty Pines Thinlits. These were adhered at the top of the card using more Glue Dots. A bow from the now retired 1/8" Real Red Ribbon was adhered on top.

The sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set was stamped on Basic Gray using Versamark and then heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder. It was punched with the Classic Label Punch and then adhered to the card front to complete this simple but cheery seasonal thank you card!

Linda Vich Creates: ColorBurst and Stitched Shapes Thank You. Stampin Up Pretty Pines and Stitched Shapes Framelits combine with Color Bursts and Inka Gold in this seasonal card.





1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely this is, Linda! You always achieve the prettiest intense colors, and gorgeous textures! Beautiful card! hugs, de