I worked hard to create treat boxes and prizes for my upcoming Catalog Launch Party. I hope this will provide you with some inspiration for your own parties and/or card making. This will be the first of five parts.
I started with treat boxes for my ladies. I used the retiring Tag A Bag Gift Boxes and lots of previously retired DSP. The design was CASEd from Stamp With Joy.
I picked out coordinating card stock and DSP and cut them to the required sizes necessary for each side of the box as well as strips needed to create the belly bands.
After everything was cut and ready, I folded the boxes to create them as well as the acetate covers. I then used Fast Fuse to adhere the side panels to each box and after putting on the acetate cover, wrapped the two-piece belly band around each box and secured it with Fast Fuse. Matching ribbon was tied around each belly band and secured with a bow.
Using the Chalk Talk stamp set, I stamped matching tags on Whisper White and attached them to the coordinating bows on each box.
In each box I placed the following: a Ferrero Rocher chocolate, a sample of twine, a sample of ribbon, stamped ticket for door prize draw, sponge dauber, clothespin, Washi tape, wood die cut and a punched butterfly in various colors (used to determine winners for Prize Patrol).
I started by cutting a card base from Emerald Envy card stock that was 11 x 4.25"; when folded it would produce a side fold card that measured 4.25 x 5.5".
Because I needed to stamp the butterfly to wrap partly around the back, I needed to know where the card would be scored. I scored a small mark at the top and bottom only. This allowed me to judge where the fold would be but would not disrupt my stamping of the card itself.
I set up my card stock in my MISTI and carefully drew around it and marked the middle point on the grid paper. I positioned the Swallowtail stamp where I thought it should be and then removed the card stock. I stamped the butterfly on the grid paper to see if the placement was right. I used my Embossing Buddy and on the card stock and re-stamped, this time with Versamark, on the card stock.
I used I heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder and then proceeded to do the same on the remaining In Color card bases.
Next, I cut around the edge of each stamped butterfly to reveal the inside of the card. On a Whisper White matte I used ink matched to the card base to stamp one of the now retired Flowering Fields stamps. I stamped once full strength, and then stamped on either side to provide some contrast and dimension to the stamping. I also stamped a small butterfly from the same stamp set.
I also stamped a sentiment, in matching ink, from the Rose Wonder stamp set onto Thick Whisper White. It was die cut using the Rose Garden Thinlits. It was adhered using Dimensionals.